Food distribution trolleys – tray set and bulk served food.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. The hospital kitchen every day prepares many meals for patients with different dietary needs. The food is served on trays and distributed in food trolleys to the wards. It is not unusual that all food, warm or cold, are in the same compartment with lids over the warm food. This means that the hot food heats up the cold, the taste deteriorates and it does not meet the hygiene standard according to the food handling regulations.
We always have a solution for your needs. Through our cooperation with Electro Calorique we can offer food trolleys that meet the regulations and equally important heats the food on each tray on an individual basis to provide the patient with a well tasting meal of highest quality, still maintaining the cold components cold. Electro Calorique, a French company has for over 80 years manufactured different types of trolleys.
Food carts are divided into a hot and a cold section. A solid thermal barrier inside the carriage isolates and prevents the transmission of heat and cold. With the aid of computer-controlled program the carts are equiped with heating functions for different food types and for different serving times during the week. The function also allows for varying periods of tray setting. All trolley functions can also be operated manually. Food cart comes with many features:
- Heating elements for contact heating with individual control so that each tray has the desired temperature throughout the serving time
- Active cooling with a built-in cooling compressor.
- Four doors make it easy to handle the cold and hot section
- Two fixed and four swivel wheels facilitates easy handling for the staff
- The bumper protects the trolley with open or closed doors
- Most trolleys from Electro Calorique can be washed in the Wexiödisk WD 18CW trolley washer.
Contact us if you want to know more about Electro Caloriques tray and bulk trolliys.